Permit Information

PENNSYLVANIA PERMIT INSTRUCTIONS Pennsylvania law states that any governing official from a town or municipality can grant permission to obtain and display fireworks for personal, public recreational or agricultural use. This is under the Pennsylvania Fireworks Law Act of 1939. Most small towns do not have firework ordinances. In this case, the governing official of the town, such as the town supervisor, Mayor, town board, town Fire Marshal can grant permission. Most cities and populated areas do require an application permit process with a small fee. It is required by law to obtain a permit. Pennsylvania has no retail law for fireworks and therefore must be purchased from a licensed Fireworks Distributor. A permit is needed to guard you against any complaints from the area. A permit is NOT valid for multiple transactions. A permit is good for a single transaction and specific date of use only. As the purchaser, YOU are liable for all your action when purchasing and displaying fireworks. The permit you have obtained is granting permission of use in the area of jurisdiction. The town is not liable for Private Use. Your permit is no different than a sewer or building permit. After obtaining a signed permit, you have one year to purchase fireworks. Remember, obtaining a permit is a privilege so use it wisely, use common sense and be SAFE. INSTRUCTIONS TO OBTAIN AND PRINT THE PERMIT: PRINT 3 COPIES ONE COPY IS FOR THE FIREWORKS COMPANY. ONE COPY FOR THE SPONSOR ONE COPY FOR THE AUTHORITY ISSUING THE PERMIT - - CLICK HERE FOR THE PERMIT FORM - - The PA permit is in Portable Document Format (PDF). PDF files are easily viewed in Adobe Acrobat reader. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader software, you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader FREE from Adobe's web site.


Address: Intergalactic Fireworks 1480 East Lincoln Highway Middletown Township Langhorne, PA, 19047 Phone: 215-752-5600 Fax: 215-752-5602 Email: